"Logic will take you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere" - Albert Einstein
Facts about florida charter schools
- Charter schools are tuition-free public schools
- Charter schools are open to all students, including those with disabilities and English Language Learners.
- Charter Schools hold parents, teachers, and students accountable for improving student achievement.
- Charter school teachers have greater freedom to meet individual student needs and improve student performance.
- Charter schools must meet stringent state requirements for student testing, finances, civil rights, and health and safety.
- State funding for charter school students is an average 20% less than what district school students receive.
- Charter schools are the only public schools that are not guaranteed public funding for facilities.