It was good to see so many of you at the picnic and again at the Open Houses. If you didn't make it to them, you can pick up your information packets on Monday.
Here are a few reminders for the first week:
- You should have the information about the pocket pick-up sites for our two buses. Look for bus 1213 or 1321 and be sure you have checked the estimated times of arrival at the bus stop. They are on our website and on the Sarasota County website. Be aware that we've been told the buses could be up to a half hour late as drivers learn the routes, but I'm hoping that applies to the larger schools. Regardless, please call or email Kathy if you are planning to use bus transportation. We want to be sure we get all students on and off the buses correctly.
- Breakfast will not be served Monday morning; it will begin Tuesday. Breakfast is served between 7:15 - 8:00. If you are using the carline, please drop off early enough for students to finish eating and ready for class at 8:00. Bus riders will be able to purchase breakfast even if the bus is late.
- Student drop-off through the carline can be a little confusing the first week. Take a look at this specially prepared video (carline safety video) to get you ready.
- Send your Marauders reservation and ticket money (Check to SAA or cash) on Monday. I have to take everything to Bradenton on Tuesday, so no late forms can be accepted. Join us; it should be a fun night.
- Students should remember their summer book projects. The ice cream truck will be here Friday for all who have completed the assignment - our treat for summer readers.
- After-care starts Monday with the first two weeks being exploratory. Look for a special email describing the activities for any students - enrolled in regular after-care or not. Check out what we have to offer this year. Registration forms are also in your opening packet.
- Volleyball starts Tuesday. The student athletic physical needs to be completed and to Coach Swilley by August 31 for students to play. Remember, though, there are only 15 available spots on the team, so don't wait until the last minute.
- Finally, send in your completed forms as soon as you can.
We are looking forward to a wonderful year full of learning and activities. Happily, we are at capacity for enrollment with a waiting list and we thank you for entrusting your children to us. If you have any questions, please contact me. You can always reach me through my email or by calling the office.