First of all, my apologies for the confusion last week about the school pictures. We switched this year form Splendid Portraits to Lifetouch mainly because of the cost of yearbooks. Lifetouch can do them for $20.00 less than Splendid. Also, they are headquartered in Fort Myers and the web access for parents seemed simpler. However, on Thursday, the photographer went to SSAS instead of SAA. When she finally arrived at Sarasota Academy of the Arts, about 10:30, we were told we could start pictures at 11:30 with the understanding that if students were hot or disheveled from PE or recess or lunch, the pictures would be redone. But then they could not set up their backdrop because our ceilings are not high enough. At this point, they are checking to see if they have a backdrop that will fit our 8' ceilings. As soon as I hear from them with a new date - if they can do it - I will let you know.
Several reminders for this week -
1. Monday is the Texas Roadhouse Fundraiser at 5710 Ranch Lake Blvd.(take the State Road 70 exit; go to the entrance at Walmart). Students were given the flyer you should take with you to get the 10% donation to us for field trip transportation. (All money raised at the restaurant fundraisers goes towards supplementing field trip costs for music performances, Van Wezel, Florida Studio Theater, and any other scheduled trips.) The restaurant is open from 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM. Students will bring home stickers and more flyers on Monday and there will be extra flyers at the restaurant if you forget yours.
2. Tuesday the 7th and 8th graders will have the FAIR reading assessment during their language arts class. Kindergarten,1st, and 2nd graders are being tested individually by their teachers.
3. Tuesday there will be a Tennessee/Georgia trip meeting for all parents and chaperones at 6:00 PM in the music room.
4. Tuesday and Thursday are volleyball game days at SSIS. Game starts at 5:00PM.
5. Wednesday is Run Club.
6. Thursday is PTO with pizza available before the meeting.
7. Saturday is the restaurant fundraiser at the Broken Egg from 7:30 - 2:30.
The new classrooms are ready for the students to begin using on Monday morning. Thank you to the teachers and parents who helped Friday and Saturday to get everything moved and set up. Next project is the awnings!
Don't forget to sign up for Remind! to get your quick reminders of special events from the school or PTO and from your child's teachers.
Have a wonderful week!