This is a busy week for everyone this week! We're starting the last quarter and want to finish strong! Look for third quarter grades through the Parent Portal later this week.
Two reminders - both very different...
1. Third grade has their FSA for reading Tuesday and Wednesday beginning at 8:00 AM. Students must be on time as they will not be permitted to enter the testing room once the test has started. Third and fourth grades have the Math FSA on Thursday and Friday, again starting at 8:00 AM. Both of the tests have two parts, given sequentially on two days. Students cannot take the second part until they have completed the first.
2. The First Annual Talent Show is this Friday at The Robert L. Taylor Community Complex at 1845 34th St – (On 301 between 34th and Myrtle), Tickets are $5.00 per person, available at the door. Doors open at 5:30 and the show begins at 6:30. Please check our SAA website for the flyer with more information about food and other activities. Please come support our students. It's April Fools Day so there should be lots of surprises and good fun for all!
Congratulations to all of the SAA students, parents, staff, volunteers and business partners. We achieved 5 Star status for the second year (2014-15). The 5 Star award is given to schools that have a "C" or better rating (we have a "B"), have volunteer hours in excess of twice the number of students at the school (Golden School Award), achieve the goal set by the School Advisory Council (SAC) (to increase attendance), and demonstrate community support through volunteers and business partners. There are 26 conditions to meet and show evidence of. Thanks to the hard work of all of you and to Kelly Marsh who put together our documents, we will receive recognition - and our banner - at the May School Board meeting.
I have a number of reminders and requests related to the music programs...
1. Broadway Show T-shirts must be ordered and paid for by this Tuesday, March 29th. Remember that parents can order them too. They have every student's name in every show on the back so they make great keepsakes!
2. Broadway Show Posters must go to print by Wednesday of this week. It is imperative that we have sponsors by tomorrow (Tuesday) so they can be written on the poster. Sponsorships are $500 and can be business or personal. There can also be a one line listing for $100. Another form will go home Monday. Please return Tuesday.
3. Mrs. Julie is desperate for help moving scenery and chaperoning all five of the Broadway Shows. PLEASE read the form that will go home Monday and help wherever you can. Please return the form Tuesday so that we can plan our "crews".
4. Remember to buy tickets. The Anything Goes tickets are on sale now by contacting the Players Theatre. All tickets for the Broadway Shows at Glenridge for kindergarten through 5th grade will go on sale in the front office next Monday. All seats are reserved.
The sixth and seventh graders will be sending home information about two Applebees pancake breakfasts in April. They are trying to raise funds to lower the individual costs of the end of year field trips for their classes. The sixth grade will be going to Kennedy Space Center in conjunction with the earth/space science studies and the seventh graders are going to the Everglades as the culmination of their life science studies. Please try to support them if you can.
Have a wonderful week! See you Friday night!