Congratulations to the kindergarten class on their very successful presentation of Winnie the Pooh last Monday. I am always impressed with 5- and 6-year olds who can memorize so many lines as well as the songs and stage directions. And now I am looking forward to seeing the third and fourth graders in Annie on April 25 Be sure to send in your ticket order forms to reserve your seats.
Testing continues this week for the 4th, 6th , and 8th graders. A letter went out last week regarding rules and times for testing. We're going to change things around and have the fourth graders test at 8:15 on Tuesday and Wednesday instead of in the afternoon. The sixth graders test Monday and Tuesday and the eighth grade pre-algebra class tests Wednesday and Thursday.
We have a number of students who have verbally indicated they will be returning next year, but we need the formal paperwork returned as soon as possible More forms were sent home Friday. Please return them so we can finalize rolls and begin student scheduling for next year.
The school night for the Rays baseball team is Saturday, April 30. We are extending the ticket reservation deadline to Thursday if you are planning to attend.
The following message comes from the PTO Board:
We Need You!
We need parents to make Sarasota Academy of the Arts the best that it can be. Have you ever wondered how you can help to facilitate that? Would you like your voice to be heard?
We are looking for nominations to join the PTO Board of Directors. It's rewarding, It's important and it's fun!
Job descriptions will be coming home with the newsletter on Monday. If you would like to join the PTO, please contact Jill Hutton or Kyle Turoff prior to the voting at the final PTO meeting Thursday May 12th at SKYZONE. They can be reached at JillHutton10@gmail.com or email@example.com.
We always need help and would love to see more of our families become more involved with SAA! It’s a great way to learn about what’s happening on campus and be a part of making SAA the best place for our children!
The next message comes from Ms. Julie:
The beautiful Broadway T-shirts and sweatshirts have been distributed! Our students have already started wearing them! The first of the Broadway shows has been completed. The Kindergarten class presented Winnie the Pooh on April 11th and did an awesome job! I was so proud of them and they had such a great time. Now here are a few things to remember this week:
- There will be a transportation fundraiser this Wednesday, April 20th, at Pei Wei Restaurant. Take out is fine too. You must give them a coupon. One will go home Monday and another one on Wednesday. We get 20% of the profits.
- Please be sure you have received a poster for the four Broadway shows for Kindergarten through 5th grades and that you have found a good place to hang it! We will give all 3rd and 4th grade parents another poster when we send home costumes on Thursday. Please also take a picture of the poster and post it on Facebook for publicity. Also remember to invite everyone you know to Annie at 6 pm on Monday, April 25th, at Glenridge Performing Arts Center when all of our 3rd and 4th graders take the stage! Remember to send in permission forms! The 1st and 2nd graders will go to see the show in the afternoon so they need permission slips too.
- Please remember to get your tickets for the shows. Send your order form in for the tickets to the Glenridge shows and call the Players Theatre for Anything Goes.
- We need all the help we can get this Saturday, April 23rd, from 9 am to 4 pm. Come for an hour or the whole day. We can use everybody! We need men who can build and anyone who can paint. I will order pizza for lunch!
- There are two more transportation fundraisers after Pei Wei this week. They are Jason's Deli on May 4th and Applebee's Flapjack Fundraiser on Saturday morning, May 7th. All of these fundraisers are helping to pay for the charter buses we take to the rehearsals for the Broadway shows.
- The Anything Goes posters will be ready this week.
- As always, thank you for your tremendous support of the Performing Arts Program!