Monday and Tuesday the 8th graders will have the language arts FSA beginning at 8:00. Tuesday and Wednesday the 5th grades will have their language arts FSA in the afternoon 1:30 - 3:30. Then Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday the 7th graders will have their math FSA in the mornings. Fourth, sixth, and eighth will test the following week.
Notes from Mrs. Julie...
- We had a great workday on Saturday for Winnie the Pooh! Thanks so much to those families that attended. Please remember we have workdays nearly every Saturday from now until Anything Goes the end of May. Please come if you can and help. The next one is this Saturday, April 16th, from noon to 4 pm. We need to build the window unit for Peter Pan on Saturday, April 23rd, from 9 am to 2 pm. We need people who know how to build! We will also paint flats that day so parents who like to paint can come too!
- Please remember that we have two exciting events this week. Our adorable Kindergarten students will present Winnie the Pooh Kids tomorrow night, Monday, April 11th, at Glenridge Performing Arts Center. It will run from 6 pm to 6:45 pm and we hope we have a huge audience to appreciate their talents and tremendous effort. You can buy tickets in advance or at the door.
- Then we have our Jersey Mike's fundraiser this Wednesday. It is just east of us on Fruitville Road in the little strip of businesses that face Fruitville Road across from Sam's Club. It is near Dunkin' Donut. Students can serve and bus tables if they would like to do so. I will ask on Tuesday in class who would like to work this event. Students 4th through 7th grades can do this. Please attend. We get 15 % of the profits. You can do take out too. Just be sure you tell them you are from SAA! Thanks!
- Our next fundraiser will be at Pei Wei on Wednesday, April 20th, where you can also do take out and they also give 15% of the profit. We will hand out flyers this Thursday. Thanks again for your support. These really help defray our charter bus costs to the rehearsals for all our shows. Because of the time we go to rehearsals and return we cannot use the public school buses. The charter buses are more expensive. Of course the students love them!
- Please remember to keep turning in ticket orders, field trip permissions, and work info. Also, the Anything Goes poster will not go to print until mid week this week so there is still time to do a sponsorship/ ad. The other poster for the four shows for Kindergarten through 5th grades is available now. We have extras in the office. Please pick one up if you do not already have one. Please take a picture of it and put it on Facebook. We want lots at people to come to our shows.
Mrs. Bryan, who is an avid gardener, will be leading the garden club this Wednesday from 4:15 - 5:15. Any students who wish to stay are invited to come help beautify the entrance to the reading garden.